5 Tips To Maintaining Your Home
- A yearly inspection of your cooling system should keep air flowing nicely through your home at the temperature you prefer. You can do this yourself or hire a professional to make it easy. At the very least, change the air filter (this really should be done monthly). I always try to get my husband Trey to do these things, but . . . . Oh, well!
- If you have siding on your house, particularly if it is wood, check to see if i has been exposed to moisture before it becomes a larger issue. (This is a good time to finish that painting, Trey!)
- Check the slant and grade of the ground around your home. To avoid flooding and puddles during storms, it should flow away from the foundation, not towards it.
- Consider pruning plants and determining the health of large trees to avoid future problems.
- Review your roof, attic, crawl space, basement, and fireplace chimney, making sure all the pieces and parts are securely attached. Enjoy the warm weather!