While the holidays are a favorite time of year for millions, it’s definitely not their favorite time to buy a home. The housing market plunges between the months of November and January as people put turkey dinners, tinsel and trees on the top of their lists and house hunting on the bottom. However, if you really need to sell during the holiday season, it does have a few advantages: shoppers are typically more serious and the competition is calmer. If you are committed to putting your house for sale at this most wonderful time of the year, consider these tips:
- Decorate your home festively, but don’t go overboard and cover up important features. Also, put treats out for buyers and crank up the heat for a cozy winter escape.
- Post top-quality photos and videos of your house on the web. Many buyers do their shopping from the warmth of their homes when the weather is bitter.
- Make sure your curb appeal is striking! Keep fallen leaves raked and snow neatly groomed.
- Get yourself a reliable real estate agent and seek out serious buyers such as work re-locators.
- As always, price to sell!!